Every Spring and Autumn Freemasons from all parts of Devon would normally meet to give support local charities & organisations throughout the county who are in need of assistance, nominated by their local lodge.
Photograph from 2019 as all distributions for this year were done by post.
This year The Lodge of Perseverance in Sidmouth selected Children’s Hospice Southwest to make a donation of £830.
Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW) exists to make the most of short and precious lives and puts children and families at the centre of all it does. Their vision is to be fit for the future by continuing to:
- Strive to provide the highest level of care, clinical expertise and enrichment opportunities for children who are expected to die in childhood.
- Continue to provide holistic care that meets the needs of all family members.
- Maximise services to as many families as possible in ways they want and in partnership with others.
- Promoting the needs of children with life-limiting conditions both regionally and nationally.
- Share expertise widely through the provision of education.
Families come to their hospices for planned respite and a rare opportunity for a break, but they also turn to them for emergency care and, when the time comes, for palliative and end-of life care. Services are free to families who need them because they believe that nothing should get in the way of very sick children receiving the very best care. So, with little government funding, they rely on the generosity of supporters to deliver their promise to ‘make the most of short and precious lives across the South West’.
Bro Alec Collyer MBE
Provincial Press Officer